In some parts of Canada it feels like Summer is just beginning but unfortunately Labour Day is just around the corner. If you are thinking of getting away during the holiday weekend, Expedia has released the most popular Labor Day destinations:
- New York
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
The best deals for Labour Day weekend?
Many destinations that are seeing a rise in popularity this year versus last year are actually less expensive. For example, while Las Vegas is twice as popular this year versus last year, it is 10 percent cheaper, as are Honolulu and Austin.
Internationally, Reykjavik is seeing nearly twice the interest this year, but coming in around 25 percent cheaper this August compared to last. Similarly, Paris and Barcelona are experiencing rising demand yet represent a great deal for travelers, with savings of roughly 15 percent, respectively. [source: prnewswire]
Top Package Deals
One of the best ways to save even more on a trip is by combining your air and accommodations (package bundling). When travelers book hotel and flights at the same time, the combination can yield an average of up to $600 in savings – and sometimes a lot more. Strong package deals include:
- Italy – particularly Rome, Florence, Milan and Venice – savings on package bookings up to $2,200
- The Bahamas – savings on package bookings up to $1,200
- London – savings on package bookings up to $2,100
- Hawaii – including Kauai, The Big Island and Oahu – savings on package bookings up to $1,000
- Greece – savings on package bookings up to $1,500
- Costa Rica – savings on package bookings up to $650
For more information on how you can save money this Labour Day weekend, contact us at My Way Holiday.